The Class of 2020 Foundation is a partner-based non-profit organization with a simple goal: to further the professionalism and knowledge of student housing in Europe and beyond. Established in 2011, the Class of 2020 is now the largest European Student Housing platform open to anyone and everyone. Our small and flexible team operates out of Amsterdam.
Our vision is for cities to attract and retain the brightest young minds, and for them to lead the way to social and economic success in return. Together with our industry-leading community, we set out to rethink the places where students live, work, and learn.
About the Role
The Class Foundation is looking to expand its European platform with an entrepreneurial Head of Partnership & Development. We are a partnership-driven foundation dedicated to improving student living. Your role is to work with new and existing partners to develop collaborations, memberships, and sponsor opportunities for conferences, research, and events. Our team is based in and around Amsterdam but we work for partners across Europe. The ideal candidate has commercial and content talents, is an organized team worker, social & engaging, a great networker, and knows how to manage the needs and wants of both internal and external stakeholders.
The Class Foundation
As higher education is becoming increasingly global, the way in which universities, cities, and countries attract and retain talent is also evolving. Our foundation connects the communities of student housing, higher education, and city development. We do this by developing and spreading knowledge through research projects, publications, and organized events. With our initiatives, we provide our growing network with a stage to identify the current needs and shape the student living of tomorrow.
It is our goal to make student living more professional, welcoming, and international, therefore, we organize specific events in numerous European countries. During those events, we raise awareness on the topic, increase the knowledge base of the industry, and facilitate networking between universities, providers, investors, and policymakers.
The coming half year is an action-packed one as we have the following initiatives planned:
- The Class Conference: our annual conference which we hope to hold in a hybrid format this year from Amsterdam
- The Best in Class Awards: our way of recognizing and celebrating the innovators within our industry and beyond
- Trend Report: during the conference, we launch our trend report, which highlights the trends that pave the way for the future of student housing
- Market Update - Central Europe: a quick and informative update on student housing investment, development, and trends for the region
Our team consists of program managers, marketing, research, design, and production specialists, some in-house and some freelance.
What You're Gonna Do
You will be the one that brings our stakeholder relationship management to the next level and expands our community within and beyond our three pivotal communities (real estate, higher education, and government). You are responsible for developing and executing a partnership strategy aimed at the acquisition of new partners, serve as account manager of existing partners, and further broaden the revenue side of the foundation with strategic sponsorships and new business development. Your work will range from project-based funding to multi-year agreements exceeding 50K.
Your main priority during these initiatives will be to strengthen and expand our community by creating shared value and social profit. Your core responsibilities are:
- Identify opportunities and coordinate with the entire team to ensure a sustainable income stream that contributes to realizing the foundation's goals, incl: sponsorships, research/advisory activities, grants, market intelligence, etc.
- The acquisition of new partners across several specific target groups in and related to the student accommodation industry.
- Further grow our community of higher education, city government partners, and other complementary industries by identifying their needs and wants.
- Manage existing partnerships with strong relationship management and thorough financial administration. This includes executing surveys that monitor trends and needs in the industry.
To be considered as a candidate for this exciting position you will have expertise in, and a true passion for, stakeholder management and business development. You thrive on building true partnerships, closing deals, and working with internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate has:
- 5 years of proven experience in business development and sales
- A good understanding of how to create long-lasting partnerships, manage existing partnerships and cater to their needs.
- Experience with Salesforce and basic financial administration (contracts, invoicing)
- Relevant Bachelor or Master level education
- Affinity with the student housing, real estate, investment, and/or international higher education
- Fluent in English both spoken and written. Fluency in Dutch and other European languages is a plus.
What We Offer
- Full-time position, 40 hours a week
- Based in The Netherlands
- Initial one year contract with prospect of renewal
- Start date: as soon as possible
- International work environment
This job is available for international candidates.