Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
About the Role
We are looking for two Team Assistants to work in Arup’s Building Engineering Groups. The role will have connectivity across our wider London and Regional Business Development teams.
A key part of the role is to support the group’s day-to-day BD and work winning activity and as such you will be expected to liaise positively with a variety of stakeholders across the group. On a day-to-day basis you will report into our Business Development Managers and will also support, as appropriate, the wider Arup business development and marketing teams on specific tasks and projects.
What You're Gonna Do
You will make an impact in this role by:
- Works alongside work winning teams on the preparation and completion of bids, proposals, prequalification invitations and questionnaires. This includes proof-reading responses, assisting in developing layout and graphics, sourcing and assisting in updating and preparing CVs, case studies, and project records, and capability statements.
- The job will often require that you work on several bids or BD activities simultaneously and work to tight deadlines, soliciting information, distributing documents, and organising meetings.
- Support the team in the creation, maintenance, and auditing of project collateral including projects sheets, nuggets, value stories, CV’s, Arup Projects pages, sector and generic publications, as well as project trackers, intelligence systems and intranet pages.
- Assist in the creation and ongoing maintenance of a robust library of standard bid documentation and ‘starter answers’.
- Assist in the preparation of bid interview presentations, client presentations and Business 2 Business meetings including, storyboarding, layout and graphics support and proof reading.
- Assist in gathering information and updating our work pipeline in CRM and across other reporting tools.
- Help prepare monthly business development updates for group and team presentations.
While the role is focused on business development, there may be occasional need to support marketing and communications activities, including:
- Support the preparation of award entries and sourcing content for entries, systems, arup.com, other corporate communication platforms and client portals.
- Assist in gaining appropriate content approvals for press releases, arup.com, social media.
- Assist in coordinating projects for inclusion in the Buildings London Yearbook and other Arup publications, assisting in proofreading, reviewing copy and promotional activity in a timely manner.
- Positively support the organisation and delivery of internal and Arup hosted shows/seminars/events/ conferences and assist with the co-ordination of attendances.
- Assist with sourcing project images internally or from collaborators or commission bespoke photography as appropriate and upload images to Arup systems.
Is this role right for you? If so, you'll likely have:
- Experience in supporting business development or team administration activities – advantageous if in the engineering or professional services sector.
- Self-starter – is enthusiastic, motivated and willing to take on new challenges and seek out better ways of working.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple demands, and own time, with a high level of autonomy.
- Must be a team player and a proactive sharer of information and ideas across teams.
- Willing to develop knowledge and understanding of work winning and Business Development concepts, clients, and Arup’s systems and processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Willing to develop an understanding of local business areas/sectors/ clients and pipeline.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office. It would be advantageous to also have experience in the use of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, PowerBI, SketchUp, Bluebeam or other similar desktop publishing software.
What We Offer
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a phenomenal place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexible working, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join us in shaping a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Stay safe online - Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.