Livable Cities Studio is a design studio based in Denver and focused on addressing the needs of the rapidly changing urban environment in our cities. Our work revolves around people and design with a social and environmental purpose, emphasizing the new and expanded roles of infrastructure, as a city-shaping agent, and the public realm in creating livable cities. Our studio culture is highly collaborative and promotes diversity and flexibility in the workplace. As an emerging new firm, we value applicants who are excited to take on a variety of tasks, further develop our office culture, diversify our skillset, or otherwise expand our practice. We are looking for passionate, creative, and highly motivated individuals to join our team and help shape the future of our cities in a fun and stimulating environment.
About the Role
Livable Cities Studio is looking for a full-time landscape architect and project manager with 5-8 years of experience to join a growing team on a variety of urban design and landscape architecture projects focused on the planning and design of neighborhoods, streetscapes, urban parks and plazas. Their primary responsibility will be to work with the office on all components of the projects, including project management, client interaction, public engagement, preliminary planning and conceptual design, technical design development, design oversight, and preparation of construction documents/technical specifications. Versatility and willingness to be flexible and take on a variety of tasks is essential. Our ideal applicant would be invested in public projects, high-energy, organized, collaborative and outgoing with excellent communication, management and technical design skills, and some combination of experience with site design and implementation of parks, plazas and streetscape projects.
What You're Gonna Do
- Project management experience, including understanding of scope and budget management, client interactions, consultant team coordination, managing meetings and leading presentations
- Strong technical and design skills with demonstrated experience of executed project work and/or implementation.
- Exceptional level of design expertise and proficiency in developing design content in the areas of parks, streetscapes and public realm projects, including all phases of design and construction
- Desire to work in collaborative teams and previous experience leading interdisciplinary design and planning efforts
- Previous experience with applied green street design and/or sustainable infrastructure design and technical knowledge of implemented green infrastructure systems
- Experience with public engagement and the planning and design of public projects.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, GIS and Revit, Sketch-Up or other 3D applications.
Applicants should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or an equivalent degree. A minimum of 5 years working in an office environment is required. Registration as a licensed Landscape Architect is strongly preferred.
What We Offer
We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and others. Salary range is $65,000-$80,000 commensurate of experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, work samples and one work reference to [email protected]
Work examples must include implemented projects. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.