AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
About the Role
Are you ambitious? Would you like to shape places, playing a key role in multi-disciplinary teams? Would you like to join a young, dynamic planning team in our state-of-the-art East London office? AECOM’s London-based planning team work on some of the largest, most complex and high profile development and regeneration projects in the UK. -
We are looking to recruit one or more experienced Associate Planners with a background in development management, spatial planning, and/or planning policy. As an Associate you will play a major role in managing large and complex projects, engaging directly with clients and stakeholders. You will also play an active role in business development.
You will be based in our flagship Aldgate Tower Office working on a multi-disciplinary floor alongside urban designers, landscape architects and sustainability experts. Our state of the art offices offer a flexible and modern approach to working collaboratively amongst the team. We are based minutes from Spitalfields Market in the heart of East London.
What You're Gonna Do
- Provide specific technical expertise in land use planning and work within a team of planners, urban designers, landscape architects and engineers and others to complete land development, master planning, and strategic planning projects.
- Lead on the preparation of planning applications, coordinating multi-disciplinary teams and acting as the main client contact.
- Lead and manage complex technical projects and multi-disciplinary teams to successful conclusions/outcomes on a project-by-project basis. Account for the budget, programme and general performance associated with such projects.
- Liaise with government agencies and other authorities as may be required regarding development objectives, policies and procedures to secure successful project outcomes.
- Liaising and coordination of projects with the Project Director and co-ordination on project inputs from planning staff and other technical disciplines as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the identification and pursuit of business development opportunities, and growth of the business through new and repeat clients.
- Prepare proposals and qualification documents to secure new commissions.
- Provide effective representation for the organisation, developing and managing relationships with the client, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Participate in the successful operation and management of the town planning team, including line-management and mentoring of junior staff.
- Provide assistance to senior management as may be required from time to time.
- Post-graduate experience, including within a consultancy environment
- Project management experience including the management of significant planning applications
- Strong experience of working within a team-based multi-disciplinary culture
- Experience of community and stakeholder consultation exercises
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Design, or Town Planning.
- Full Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute, MRTPI
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. At AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We have an active Sports and Social Group with a wide range of regularly organised events from gin tasting, to bowling, axe throwing, outdoor cinema viewings and kayaking. You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year.
Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
This job is available for international candidates.