The ESG Innovation Collective is the world’s first city-led ESG task force consisting of an engaging consortium of stakeholders across public, private, cultural sectors and local community representatives, as well as rating agencies, delivering a newly developed ESG measuring framework that will be a significant opportunity for cultural organisations in cities worldwide and a huge relief for local city budgets.
The Collective is an initiative by Investitionsbank Berlin, Berlin Partner, visitBerlin and Leading Culture Destinations. The leadership group comprises thought leaders such as Prof Dr Caroline Nevejan (CSO City of Amsterdam), Burkhard Kieker (CEO, visitBerlin), Dr Philipp Rode (Executive Director, London School of Economics, LSE Cities), Florian Wupperfeld (CEO, Leading Culture Destinations), Hugo Cox (Journalist, Real Estate & Finance, Financial Times, TIMES, London) and Habidatum (Urban Tech & Data Partner) amongst others.
In the next three months we will launch the first private sector partnered pilot projects in Berlin and Amsterdam at https://www.ihif.com/
The purpose of The ESG Innovation Collective is to drive the environmental and social sustainability agenda forward for citizens and local actors by creating a unified framework for cities defining how the ‘S’ of ESG will be activated in our jurisdictions.
The ESG Innovation Collective has engaged, amongst others, with leaders from policy, academia, urban data, the impact & finance industry, rating agencies, real estate developers and operators, cultural organizations and community leaders gaging needs, drivers and common grounds in order to facilitate action-oriented social investments that can be measurable for investors adding value to their ESG.
We are funded by public sector stakeholders (Berlin, Amsterdam) but also by private sector partners dedicated to driving the ESG agenda forward (Pinebridge, GSK.de).
About the Role
The ESG Innovation Collective is seeking a talented Strategic Development Manager to join its team and actively contribute to the implementation of the project's program in 2023 with public sector partners (City of Berlin, City of Amsterdam, more to come), Academia (LSE Cities, Delft University) and private sector developers (Pinebridge, Die.AG, more to come).
Spearheaded by the City of Berlin and now also partnered with the City of Amsterdam, the Collective has established a cross-sector framework to advance the environmental and social sustainability agenda, empowering cities to become more resilient and future-proof.
[Short film about the initiative] (https://youtu.be/InehUd1xGQs)
What You're Gonna Do
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to define project objectives, scope, and deliverables.
- Develop and manage project plans, ensuring timely completion of milestones and deliverables.
- Coordinate communication among stakeholders, ensuring alignment and effective decision-making.
- Support in research with ivy-league academia partners creating an unprecedented innovation shaping the social fabric of future cities
- Dedicated contribution to the development and refinement of the ESG measurement framework with multi stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver project status updates, presentations, and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Foster relationships with key partners, securing buy-in and support for project initiatives.
- Support the execution of pilot projects in Berlin and Amsterdam, providing guidance and oversight as needed to deliver social impact.
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement and innovation within the project.
- Represent the Collective at industry events, conferences, and meetings, promoting its mission and initiatives.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Exceptional communication skills to coordinate project management with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong motivation and proactivity
- A strategic-thinking mindset & fearless innovation attitude
- Proficiency in strategic visualization of ideas and processes in ppt or similar apps
- Impeccable English writing skills
- Desire to make a career and to make money - performance driven.
What We Offer
The project duration is from June to December 2023, with a high chance of continuation and further employment opportunities after December 2023.
Employer: Leading Culture Destinations Ltd / The ESG Innovation Collective
The office is located in London, but the successful candidate can work remotely within the European timezone. They should be prepared for occasional business trips throughout the year across Europe, expected to have 2-3 trips / year.
The ideal candidate will be available to start immediately.
- First year of work: during the first year of employment, the candidate will be working under freelance conditions. They will be expected to allocate 75% of their working time for this position. The compensation package includes a monthly base fee of €2,500, along with additional performance-based bonuses.
- Outlook in 3 years: €100,000/year + bonus + equity in newcos
This job is available for international candidates.