ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is the leading global network of over 2,500 cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future.
About the Role
To support our Data Management Team, we are looking for an Officer, Data Management. The successful candidate will be a part of the international ICLEI World Secretariat team based in Bonn, Germany and will be placed within the ICLEI Capacity Center. The position is ideal for individuals who want to develop a data management profile in the not-for-profit sector.
What You're Gonna Do
- Support the coordinating of ICLEI’s global database development process with the external database developer
- Support development and update of APIs by creating and maintaining mapping files
- Create and maintain reporting forms and tools for the reporting and extraction of urban and regional data
- Support the facilitation of auto-population of reporting forms with the creation and maintenance of mapping files
- Maintain regular contact with contracted external service providers tasked with database and online system development
- Testing of the existing and newly developed systems, managing the testing report, coordinating troubleshooting with the external database developer
- Support the development of reporting frameworks for projects and initiatives
- Guiding and supporting colleagues in database and database related systems use
- Provide regular trainings to colleagues on how the use of the database can improve the efficiency of their project work
- Prepare and support webinars with global ICLEI staff and Members on topics such as data management, reporting and data analysis
- Support development of various project websites by leading the process implementation and acting as a liaison between ICLEI staff and external contractors
- Update Membership database based on changes reported from ICLEI’s Regional Offices
- Support the upload and extraction of data from/into reporting forms
- Design and provide customized reports to colleagues (e.g. event participant lists, summaries of self-reported data from local governments)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with database and data management related tasks and/or user support in an office environment
- University degree (or equivalent) or completed apprenticeship in Information Systems, Data Administration, Computer Sciences or a related field
- Good knowledge of database modelling, MS Access, MS Excel.
- Excellent command of English language (written and spoken)
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.