ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is the leading global network of over 2,500 cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be a part of the international ICLEI World Secretariat based in Bonn, Germany and will be placed within the Circular Development team.
ICLEI has identified Circular Development as one of its five integrated pathways towards sustainable urban development and promotes sustainable urban ecosystems where material loops are closed, and the value of resources is efficiently maximized through recover, reduce, reuse, redesign and regenerate strategies.
What You're Gonna Do
- Support daily implementation of the Urban Transition Alliance project under the supervision of the project manager;
- Provide support for the organization of the annual Challenges by the Urban Transition Alliance member cities including assisting in the preparation of webinars and research on the cities’ needs;
- Conduct desk research and support content development of project publications;
- Support the development of communication assets such as web content, case studies, blog posts and newsletters on circular development at the local government level;
- Assist new project proposal development.
- Being enrolled in a Master program of relevant subject at a university, such as urban planning, environmental science, sustainable business, public policy, engineering with a background in topics related to circular economy subjects.
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Strong communication and writing skills;
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in additional language(s) is an asset, especially German;
What We Offer
- Possible start date: Mid-March 2021
- The intern will be supervised by and report to the Circular Development
- Working hours: 16 h per week (2 days)
- Our contracts are based on German law
Application deadline: 26 February 2021
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.