CANactions School welcomes to apply to Call for Papers for CANactions Magazine Edition 02 'ЗЕМЛЯ І THE LAND'. It is meant to explore "LAND" and its inhabitants to collect and share with the world the most actual and relevant portrait of contemporary post-socialist states countryside.
CANactions Magazine—a quarterly publication of essays, articles, and interviews by critical and engaged professionals of a wide range of fields and young creative thinkers from all over the world, aiming to investigate and rethink global urban challenges—both practically and theoretically— through the prism of post-socialist states, by drawing together architecture, urbanism, and social science.
CANactions Magazine is available online free of charge, with an attitude of inclusiveness and exchange. Each edition is guided and curated by a Chief Editor and specially invited Editorial Board, which consists of leading experts on relevant topics.
The first edition is dedicated to “Mikrorayons”—mono-functional mass housing estates dating of the socialist period— will be published ONLINE on the 20th of May 2020.
You are welcome to submit your abstracts for CANactions Magazine Edition 02.
- Abstracts should be submitted in one of the following languages— English or Ukrainian.
- Abstracts should only be submitted online.
- The deadline for abstract submission is 30 May 2020 (18:00 CET)
- Abstracts should be based on any of the topic areas, focus on the editorial theme and the post-socialist context. Submission does not have to relate to all sub-themes but should refer at least to one of them specifically.
- Submission proposals might take different forms: essays, articles, interviews, illustrations, designs, photography essays.
- Abstracts may not be longer than 250 words.
- Abstract should contain information about the proposed submission's content and length, methodology, analysis, the type and number of illustrations and drawings it includes.
- The notification of acceptance of the abstracts submitted will be sent to you via email by 6 June 2020.
- Deadline for abstracts submission: 30 May 2020 (18:00 CET)
- Notification of acceptance: 6 June 2020
- Deadline for final papers submission: 6 July 2020.
- Publication date: 20 August 2020.
If you encounter any problems during the submission process or have any questions please contact us: [email protected]