About the Event
urbAIn is a series of unique, one-day events gathering 100-150 city leaders and innovators to explore the many ways in which artificial intelligence (AI) is changing city life. Our next urbAIn event will take place in Paris on May 21, 2019.
Tech companies big and small are coming up with new AI-based solutions that are transforming urban life in all aspects: mobility, health, civic engagement, placemaking, and energy management, among others.
Local governments across the globe using AI in their daily management and operations. This deployment of AI tools in cities requires in-depth knowledge and multi-sectoral partnerships. We must initiate and continue key conversations around the future of AI in cities to promote these essential collaborations.
To truly engage with and embrace these innovations in cities, we need to demonstrate the opportunities that lay in AI, design a framework of implementation, and bring the necessary actors into the conversation.
The key objectives of our global series urbAIn are to:
- explore the existing solutions and prospects of urban AI – and evaluate their limits;
- create a space for tech companies, service providers, public officials, civil society, and academics to work hand in hand;
- define the ideal ecosystem enabling the successful integration of AI in cities.
Each event will focus on an area of AI addressing contextual challenges close to the heart of local innovation.
- Paris, May 21 2019 — AI, cities, & climate change
- Los Angeles, September 2019 — AI for urban wellbeing
- The first edition of our urbAIn series took place on March 27, 2018 in Montreal, Canada.
Founded in 2010, NewCities is an international, independent nonprofit committed to shaping a better urban future.
A scholarship is available, click "Register" to find out more.