The Shared-Use Mobility Center is a public-interest organization dedicated to achieving equitable, affordable, and environmentally sound mobility across the US through the efficient sharing of transportation assets. By connecting the public and private sectors, piloting programs, conducting new research, and providing policy and technical expertise to cities and regions, SUMC seeks to extend the benefits of shared mobility for all.
About the Role
The Shared-Use Mobility Center (SUMC) is a non-profit public interest organization promoting multi-modal transportation systems that work for all. Through pilot projects, research, capacity-building, and advocacy, SUMC helps communities realize a vision of an equitable and sustainable mobility future.
SUMC is looking for a Partnerships & Engagement Coordinator. SUMC is expanding to serve a growing ecosystem of public agencies, mobility companies, community organizations, and tribes interested in collaborating towards mobility equity and climate goals. The Partnerships & Engagement team is responsible for SUMC’s communications, partnerships, and convening activities, including the annual National Shared Mobility Summit, as well as execution of the Shared Mobility 2030 Action Agenda, a network of practitioners taking collective action on an ambitious 8-year plan for transformation of the transportation sector.
The Partnerships & Engagement (P&E) Specialist is a mid-level position with the responsibility of helping manage our partner engagement and relations. The position requires strong communication skills, project management, and experience with building and maintaining partner relationships. The P&E Specialist will work with the P&E team to identify strategic relationships in accordance with the organization’s overarching objectives and goals.
The position requires knowledge of design platforms; social media applications; web content management software; event administration and event logistics; media relationships; industry relationship building; and, the ability to write narratives that explain to the public and shared-mobility industry the purpose, mission, and findings of SUMC’s research and educational offerings.
SUMC staff is responsible for a wide range of duties in a thoughtful, creative, fast-paced atmosphere.
What You're Gonna Do
Partnerships & Engagement Coordinator Duties May Include:
Partnership Building and Maintenance:
- Work with the Partnerships & Engagement Director to create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management
- Assist the Partnerships & Engagement Director to maintain partner relationships
- Collaborate with senior management and other teammates to align our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
- Event sponsorship management for our annual National Shared Mobility Summit and other smaller events
Communication & Engagement Strategies:
- Work with the P&E team to develop engagement strategies
- Help write and edit external communications (bi-weekly Mobility Hub Newsletter, blog posts, etc.)
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website
- Organize initiatives and SUMC events including workshops, happy hours, meetings, etc.
- Help organize and execute SUMC’s annual National Shared Mobility Summit
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements to promote events
- Analyze social media engagement and help design social media campaigns
- Maintain relations with national and local industry media sources. An established media network is a plus.
Knowledge of Transportation and Mobility Planning in the United States is a plus:
- Maintain current knowledge of shared mobility through ongoing self-education
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Public Policy, or similar relevant field
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication (writing, editing, and oral) and presentation skills
- Experience in web design and content production with intermedia level Wordpress expertise
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Experience with Google SEO knowledge & Google Ads and Adwords optimization management
- Intermediate skill level in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Strategic thinker
- Networking aptitude
- Great multitasking skills
- Attention to details
- Energy and excitement to work with a small, collaborative team!
What We Offer
Hybrid: remote, with 1-2 days/week in the Chicago or Los Angeles office.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted through August 19, 2022, and will be reviewed on a rolling basis; we encourage
candidates to apply at their earliest convenience.
Please send a cover letter, resume/CV, and work sample that highlights your relevant skills to
with the following email subject line: “SUMC Partnerships &
Engagement Specialist Application Materials.”
We encourage candidates to discuss their personal connections to transportation equity in their cover letters. No phone calls, please.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.