Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
About the Role
Arup is looking for a Marketing/Business Development Intern to support the Marketing/Business Development Team in New York City. Working within a highly collaborative team, you will have opportunities to engage and interact with local, regional, and global staff members and leaders. With a focus on design and the built environment, there is no short supply of task diversity – from supporting the pursuit plan around complex proposals to researching opportunities and clients or developing client-focused strategies to working with robust knowledge and operational systems.
What You're Gonna Do
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist with coordination of internal and external events
- Assist in conducting searches for EOIs, RFP’s, and RFQs
- Work with team members to pre-position for opportunities and support capture planning sessions and workshops
- Research and gather information for upcoming projects, new clients or existing clients
- Managing meeting bookings, creating and disseminating meeting minutes
- Prepare agendas, pitch decks and materials for client meetings
- Research (internet-based) various markets to identify key stakeholders and learn about project opportunities or trends in the market
- Update, manage and maintain information in our Client Relationship-Management database related to client engagement
- Maintain a database / calendar of conferences, speaking engagement deadlines and other BD / networking activities
- Maintain deadlines and event entries in a marketing calendar
- Assist with coordination and preparation of seminars, events, conferences and speaking opportunities
- Organizes and participates in local industry events relevant to the firm
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business - Administration or Communications required
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong collaboration skills and a proactive attitude, with an ability to work within a team environment and with staff of all levels
- Experience with the following computer applications: Outlook, MS Word, - Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
- Availability to work flexible hours when required
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Interest in design and the built environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines with great attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of new tasks on a project by project basis
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision, and take ownership of work
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator an asset
- Experience with a CRM system an asset
What We Offer
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Arup requires all new employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Arup is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to Arup.
Arup is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.