Bauhaus der Erde gGmbH is a non-profit organization with the objective to transform the built environment. Our purpose is to transform the way we construct and maintain the built environment so that the human species may live in dignity and harmony with the Earth’s natural systems.
About the Role
- science journalism, environmental advocacy, editorial organization and management of collaboratively crafted institutional charter and documents;
- highly developed communication skills and substantive experience in the organization and moderation of academic and non-academic workshops and conferences;
- Substantive experience in publishing, preferably in an editorial capacity;
- BA or BS minimum;
- Master’s level or higher degree preferred;
- writing and editing in multidisciplinary publications, organizational publication management, excellent written English skills but basic competency in multiple languages preferred;
- :record of publishing as author and/or editor in academic publication, journalism;
- development and management of symposia and conferences.
What You're Gonna Do
- independent inquiry and elaboration of the above-mentioned thematic complexes, including formulation ofrelevant research questions and positing of possible solutions in terms of sustainable transformation in the urbanbuilding sector;
- collegial cooperation in the team and also with other external partners of Bauhaus Earth;
- Interest in and willingness to follow relevant expert discussions and social debates on complex topics;
- a passion for the built environment and for urban transformation processes as well as enthusiasm for environmental issues and systems analytical thinking;
- technical expertise in climate change and/or building and urban planning;
-a high level of competence in written and spoken German and English;
-an independent way of working and initiative;
- structured, goal-oriented, and integrative thinking;
- an ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new topics;
- creativity and openness to new approaches, people, methods, techniques and mind-sets;
- reliability, resilience, and strong motivation;
- computer skills, including modelling expertise if relevant to job description.
What We Offer
- (applied) research and contribution to meaningful topics;
- actively contribute to solving humanity's greatest challenges ;
- an inspiring and creative team with a workplace in Potsdam/Berlin;
- the opportunity for own development and advancement in an international environment;
- becoming part of a dynamically growing company and a multi-disciplinary team;
- flexible working times and opportunity to work from home.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.