C40 connects more than 90 of the world’s greatest cities. It is focused on tackling climate change and driving urban action that reduces greenhouse gas emissions and climate risks, while increasing the health, wellbeing and economic opportunities of urban citizens.
About the Role
The postholder will support the Latin American Regional team to implement the UKAID Climate Action Implementation Programme and ensure the effective collaboration across multiple C40 teams. The postholder will work with the Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director to ensure effective collaboration across multiple teams, funders and partners, support grant management and reporting, ensure alignment of the project timeline and product delivery, implement and lead project management monitoring tools, internal team communication channels and help produce presentations and briefings for the programme.
What You're Gonna Do
- Support programme management and coordination across the Latin American UKAID Climate Action Implementation team and with other C40 teams;
- Oversee the application of all C40 policies among contractors and guarantee that all admin policies are properly followed;
- Support the Regional team in project management tools including timeline oversight, monitoring of key deliverables, contract management, budget update, reporting, etc.;
- Create written communications (e.g. PowerPoint slides and presentations) for internal and external use including for fundraising and reporting purposes with donors;
- Support grant budget development, management and reporting;
- Contribute or lead specific tasks that support the teams work plan – including completing bespoke research or analysis on topics, collating and gathering information or facilitating discussion or exchange and managing complex project management tracking tools;
- Support drafting, formatting and translation of documents to be shared with staff, cities, partners and funders;
- Support the team to plan and deliver meetings with partners, funders and the Accelerated - Implementation Programme Board, including drawing together papers and formal reporting;
- Establish and manage internal communication channels;
- Establish and manage monitoring tools for the UKAID Climate Action Implementation Programme delivery in Latin America;
- Support virtual and face-to-face events;
- Additional duties as requested.
- Experience in planning, development, management and monitoring of climate-related urban implementation programmes/projects in Latin America;
- Demonstrable understanding of main barriers and opportunities of implementing ambitious climate action in Latin America, including financial, political, governance, social aspects and national/subnational government dynamics;
Familiarity with implementation support by multilateral/bilateral development institutions engaged in urban climate action in Latin America will be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal relationship management skills in intercultural settings;
- Good written and verbal communication in English and Spanish;
- Excellent organization, project and time management skills;
- Ability to effectively manage/coordinate simultaneous projects and successfully prioritize multiple tasks with sound judgment;
- Capacity to work remotely and to remotely manage staff across different locations;
- Postgraduate/advanced degree in a relevant field/equivalent experience related to project management or with project administrative duties;
- Applicants must already have the right to work in their country of residence. Moderate travel may be required as part of the role.
What We Offer
Location: Colombia, Mexico, Peru
Term: Four year fixed term contract
Salary: COP 89038937 , MXN 584062 , PEN 129526
- Closing date for applications is on the 31st December 2021.
To learn more about the work of C40 and our cities, please visit www.c40.org, follow us on Twitter @c40cities and like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/C40Cities.
For any queries about the role, please contact [email protected]
C40 is an equal opportunities employer.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.