Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
About the Role
We are looking for a Intern Architect to join our Architecture team within Arup Italia in Milan. You will work within an international team, supporting colleagues all over Europe.
What You're Gonna Do
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist the architecture team in medium to large scale architecture and master planning competition projects.
- Assist the architecture team in architecture research projects.
- Prepare and develop drawings, models, images, slideshows, reports and other documents related to the design and research project deliveries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture or Master's Degree in Architecture
- Excellent knowledge of Autocad, Rhino and Adobe Suite
- BIM and Rendering skills
- Strong design and creativity flair
- Fluency in spoken and written Italian and English
- Precision in meeting deadlines for simple tasks and requests from supervisors.
- Have appetite for self-development and learning
- Be enthusiastic in collaboration
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other colleagues
- Understanding and acceptance of key Arup founding principles and values
- Grasshopper skills
- Model making skills
- Recognized good hand sketching skills
- Interest in working in multidisciplinary environment.
- Seek creative and innovative solutions
- Have high level of self-motivation
- Be receptive to and supportive of change
- Actively listen and show understanding
What We Offer
Rewards and Benefits
- We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
- Core benefits including flexible working arrangements are made available to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a phenomenal place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you'll be an encouraged member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You'll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you're a parent, a carer, a student, or have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it's not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join us in shaping a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.