ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is the leading global network of over 2,500 cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be a part of the international ICLEI World Secretariat team based in Bonn, Germany.
What You're Gonna Do
Contribute to the implementation of:
- Contribute to the implementation of e-mobility projects and building a network globally to achieve project goals, including contribution to the development of knowledge products (case studies, reports, databases), and other defined research, organizational, and communication tasks
- Support in organizing and documenting meetings, workshops and study tours including agenda setting, drafting and sending invitations, minute taking and follow up,
- Coordinate communications tasks within the funded projects, including website updates, regular communication duties and contributions to newsletters and social media,
- Work with different teams within ICLEI and ICLEI Regional Offices to achieve the project deliverables and foster meaningful collaborations
- Support the conceptualization and development of the thematic areas of electrification of transport
- Carry-out defined tasks effectively to ensure timely delivery and report of products and activities
- Support the Sustainable Mobility team in its efforts to assist local and regional governments, particularly ICLEI Members, in the transition towards integrated, socially inclusive, and sustainable urban mobility for people and freight
- Assist in project bidding under the supervision of the line manager or an assigned staff
- University degree in a relevant field, such as urban governance/planning/design; transport planning/management/policies; environmental science/policies; civil engineering or comparable
- At least two years of relevant work experience, working on e-mobility issues, ideally on e-buses with an understanding of the role of local and regional governments in mobility planning
- Proven experience in project management
- Knowledge of current policies, planning concepts, and trends in electrification of transport - Strong writing and presentation skills with excellent command of written and spoken English. Proficiency in other languages, especially German, is an asset.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in website content management (WordPress), newsletter (Mailchimp), and social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Project management skills, including organization of workshops, training, conferences
- Proactive, reliable and a good team player
- Good time management and organized working style
- Confidence in communicating with partners and city officials from different background and cultures
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in Adobe suites (Illustrator and InDesign)
- Knowledge of data visualization software (PowerBi)
What We Offer
- The position will be available from 01 February 2022 for one year
- The Junior Officer reports directly to the Head of the Sustainable Mobility Team
- The employment contract will be based on German law including visa/work permit
- Annual Salary: Starting at 33706 EUR (full time) before tax and social insurance fees, with the final salary to be determined based on the chosen applicant’s relevant professional experience.
- Working hours: 40 per week (full time), paid leave: 30 days per year (full time)
- Three month probation period
- Working language: English
By email to careers(dot)bonn(at)iclei(dot)org with “Junior Officer Sustainable Mobility” in the subject line and send us:
- indication of citizenship and/or work permit for Germany
- Indication of possible start date
- All relevant documents (letter of motivation, CV (Euro pass format preferred), employment certificates) and information merged into one pdf. of up to 5 MB size
Equal Opportunity and Employment Policy
ICLEI World Secretariat’s hiring policy is geared to ensure that the organization hires employees without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, marital status, socio-economic background or sexual orientation. ICLEI’s policy is that applicants for employment and career progression are considered solely on the basis of their relevant qualifications and competencies.
Please note that applications received after the deadline cannot be considered.
Applications will be reviewed continuously upon arrival. Therefore submitting your application as soon as possible is advisable. The ICLEI World Secretariat shall only contact those applicants shortlisted for this position. In order to support the evaluation via interview, shortlisted candidates might be required to undergo a written test relevant to the job content.
This job is available for international candidates.