The ISOCARP Institute is the research spin-off of the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP), based in The Hague/Netherlands. With over five decades of accumulated knowledge and expertise in urban and regional planning, ISOCARP as non-profit organisation with individual and institutional members in 85 countries worldwide, initiated the Institute as a Centre for Urban Excellence – a think tank empowering individuals, organisations and institutions to achieve better human settlements. The Institute’s core function is to conduct research and promote knowledge transfer, offer advice and short-term consultancy services, as well as design and deliver capacity building and continuing education programmes. The Institute is involved in several EU research projects, technical assistance globally, engaged in capacity building projects with international organisations, and more.
About the Role
The ISOCARP Institute is the research spin-off of the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP), based in The Hague, the Netherlands. With over five decades of accumulated knowledge and expertise in urban and regional planning, ISOCARP as a non-profit organisation with individual and institutional members in 85 countries worldwide, initiated the Institute as a Center for Urban Excellence – a think-tank empowering individuals, organisations, and institutions to achieve better human settlements. The Institute’s core function is to conduct research and promote knowledge transfer, offer advice and short-term consultancy services, as well as design, and deliver capacity development and continuing education programmes. The institute is involved in several EU research projects, offers technical assistance globally, as well as engaged in capacity development projects with other international partners.
What You're Gonna Do
We are seeking a full-time
Project Communication Manager to coordinate the impact of the organization for all internal and external communications.
The Project Communication Manager will support and manage our multiple projects, with exposure in social media, website management tasks, infographics, and other multimedia graphics. To apply for this position, you need to have very good knowledge of WordPress and graphic design programmes – Adobe Creative Suite programmes such as, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Premier, etc, as well as good capacity for coordination and leadership.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, independent and creative individual who is able to balance different tasks and responsibilities effectively and collaborate with the ISOCARP Institute team.
Communication and Dissemination
- Assist the management, programmes and operation teams in formalizing their presentation, designing handouts and booklets;
- Preparing eye-catching and engaging visual materials, handbooks, infographics and manuals;
- Assisting in both coordinating the ISOCARP Institute and ISOCARP Society in organizing and updating content libraries/repositories;
- Coordinate informative materials and recent events across our project social media channels – Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Design and implement all types of graphic design work including reports, publications, posters, brochures, flyers, logos, banners, and multi-media creatives;
- Design promotional materials for disseminating within the organization and throughout the country as well as external stakeholders;
- Ensure project branding, style, and tone are implemented across all channels;
Translate complicated technical terms into compelling and communicative visualisations.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the organisation’s and the project’s websites;
- Update appropriate website content aligned to the organization’s strategy and events;
- Improve user experience of the websites regularly.
In addition, you:
- Bring action and hands-on mentality and enjoy working in a young, dynamic, and international environment;
- Are a team player, with the ability to engage with stakeholders;
- Can coordinate several projects simultaneously;
Assisting in the acquisition and research of projects, including: stakeholder
engagement, desk research, compilation of relevant research materials, and proposal writing.
What We Offer
A highly motivated candidate with preferably a Master’s degree in Communication Sciences, Graphic Design or other relevant disciplines;
About +3 years experience in Communications and Project Management
Participation in European funds (Horizon 2020, Horizon Europe, Green Deal) is a strong asset;
Comms Internships and volunteering jobs during the studies are highly valued;
Passion for learning about urban development, sustainability, and citizen engagement;
You are creative and talented in web design, infographics, and visual materials: knowledge of Adobe software, MS Office and WordPress is a MUST;
You are autonomous and proactive in building and setting up (new) operational processes from scratch;
You have documentation skills and data management;
You have an excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written. Other European languages are an asset;
We are looking for someone who can join us as soon as possible. Therefore, those candidates located in the Netherlands will have priority (we accept candidates from all different nationalities).
We are working remotely with some days at the office due to the current Covid-19 restrictions. The candidate has to reside in the Netherlands.
Apply using google forms:
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.