EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). Since January 2019 we have been working to encourage positive changes in the way people move around cities in order to make them more liveable places. We aim to become the largest European initiative transforming urban mobility. Co-funding of up to € 400 million (2020-2026) from the EIT, a body of the European Union, will help make this happen.
About the Role
The Course Coordinator will report to the Head of the Competence Hub and work in close relation with the E-learning Course Manager as well as the Course Development Manager. He/she will be involved in the design, delivery and marketing of the Competence Hub’s entire online course portfolio (SOCs, MOOCs, online components of blended F2F Courses), as well as in the design, delivery and marketing of other online and ecourses supervised by the Academy team within other EIT/EU initiatives (Erasmus+, NEB, etc.).
The Competence Hub currently holds a portfolio of 25+ e-courses (SOCs, MOOCs) and will develop about 10-25 new e-courses on a yearly basis. Most of these courses are available on our own e-course platform: www.urbanmobilitycourses.eu.
Some courses are available on FutureLearn and Coursera.
What You're Gonna Do
- Day-to-day project management and progress/quality monitoring of e-courses (SOCs, MOOCs)
developed by EIT Urban Mobility’s partners/subcontractors. Supporting the sourcing of these entities,
the negotiation of the e-course proposals, the review/monitoring of the progress of these projects, the
fulfilment of deadlines, the production of output, issuance of the deliverables and the consumption of
resources. Supporting these partners/subcontractors so they are able to deliver in accordance with
our quality, budget, and impact requirements.
- Supporting the design, delivery and marketing of new e-courses that are produced/handled directly by
the Competence Hub, identifying, bringing together and coordinating all the stakeholders involved,
such as content experts, instructional designers, digital learning agencies, and possibly consultants,
- Supporting the marketing and diffusion activities relative to our existing e-course portfolio so to
overcome the Competence Hubs course completion targets/KPIs.
- Supporting the execution of the relevant administrative tasks and procedures (RFP, EOIs, calls,
timesheets, contracts, etc.) needed to deliver new e-courses and manage our existing course portfolio,
in collaboration with EIT Urban Mobility’s legal/finance/PMO teams.
- Day-to-day responsibilities for project monitoring KPI’s and milestones in accordance with EIT
requirements. Regular reporting on the progress of the activities, the fulfilment of the deadlines, the
production of output, issuance of the deliverables and the consumption of resources.
- Ensuring optimal synergies with other initiatives from the Academy Master School and Doctoral
Training Network, X-KIC, and the rest of EIT Urban Mobility.
We put a high value on your individual qualities and we are looking for someone who strives for making a difference together with other people.
We want you to have:
- Previous working experience(s) in managing e-courses and online courses, preferably for WordPress,
FutureLearn and Coursera.
- Previous working experience(s) in managing multi-stakeholder projects, preferably in the education
To be a fit for this role, the candidate should:
▪ An ideal candidate will strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT
Urban Mobility’s mission. We are looking for individuals with a “can do” attitude, who are passionate
about digital content production and dissemination activities with a rigorous scientific/educational
By the closing date of this call candidates must:
▪ be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to work in Spain;
▪ enjoy their full rights as citizens;
▪ meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
▪ Master’s Degree in e-learning/education/business or equivalent training or working experience.
What We Offer
- Permanent and Full-time position.
- Possibility to homework up to 2 days a week.
The position will be based in Barcelona office.
No relocation expenses are assigned.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.