Eurocities is the network of more than 200 cities in 38 countries, representing 130 million people, working together to ensure a good quality of life for all.
You greet your neighbour as you leave home on your way to do work that is meaningful and decently paid. The air is clean and free of honking car horns. Using the free public wifi, you see that today the public square is a local artisans’ and farmers’ market. Your phone polls you on a few quick ideas that the local administration wants to try. You truly feel like you are a part of the city, and, as such, a part of Europe.
This is the future that European cities have been working to build through Eurocities since 1986. We help cities inspire each other. When a crisis hits, the urgency of local coordination and information sharing is starkly obvious – but with longer-burning issues like climate change, social equality and a vibrant economy this ‘glocal’ approach is no less essential.
That’s why we work with over 200 of Europe’s largest cities to improve the lives of over 130 million residents across 38 countries. That’s the ‘cities’ part of ‘Eurocities’. Hundreds of cities have already committed to getting carbon emissions down to zero, welcoming migrants and refugees, and governing through dialogue with their residents.
Local governments work on the ground with citizens and residents, and are essential partners for turning EU policies and ambitions into reality. As such, cities must be included directly in European decision making and should be in direct receipt of European funds. That’s the ‘Euro’ part of ‘Eurocities.’ So Eurocities, Europe plus cities, equals a better future for all.
About the Role
Eurocities, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a Social Media Specialist. The candidate would ideally start beginning of September 2022.
Eurocities is a dynamic and international team where we trust in people, value constructive exchanges and collaborative work. We help people thrive in a friendly, open and healthy environment while promoting a work/life balance.
Do you write engaging social media copy? Can you work well with a range of colleagues to deliver sparkling content to a deadline? As Social Media Specialist, you will work as part of the Communications team and be responsible for working with a range of colleagues to manage Eurocities overall content and publishing plan on our main social media channels (Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook).
What You're Gonna Do
The main tasks include:
- Plan, create, publish, and share new content (including original text, images, video) on a daily basis across Eurocities social media channels
- Work in line with communications strategy and social media moderation policy to build and engage with audiences on all Eurocities social media channels
- Develop and manage multiple campaigns with political/advocacy messages; working with Eurocities colleagues in different work areas
- Report on engagement through social media metrics and Google Analytics in weekly communications team meetings, and use this to suggest improvements
- Use a social media dashboard, such as Buffer, to schedule posts and create editorial calendars
- Work with Strategic Communications Manager/Communications Team Leader to manage targeted ads budget, for advocacy purposes
- Work with Communication Specialists to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Copywrite occasional articles on Eurocities website
- Provide training and guidance for other colleagues whose activities utilise social media
- Keep on top of trends, best practices, including outreach to influencers
- Contribute to other Eurocities communications activities as agreed
You are an experienced professional who is full of initiative, self-driven, curious, creative, flexible and results-oriented. The skills and experience to do this job successfully include*:
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Ability to write engaging copy in English
- Knowledge of Google Analytics; producing metrics reports
- Experience working with a variety of social media ad platforms: Facebook Ads Manager; LinkedIn; YouTube
- Video editing skills
- Evidence of having represented a political organisation and/or sensitive areas
- Degree in communications/journalism/political sciences
- Graphic design knowledge or interest
- Other languages an asset
*We are looking for candidates who fulfil most of these criteria, but do not hesitate to apply if you think that you could be a good fit for the position.
What We Offer
- A full-time position as an employee, under Belgian legislation. The selected candidate will need to either live in Belgium or be willing to move to Belgium for the duration of the contract (candidates need to provide a Belgian address)
- A fixed term one year contract
- Salary according to profile and experience between €2,800-€3,000
- Flexible working hours
- Part-time teleworking
- Training opportunities and access to online training
- Meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques, €90 net per month of teleworking allowance.
How to apply
- Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for the position, and a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 23:59 on Thursday 30 June 2022 to: Patricia de Wouters, Head of HR, at [email protected]
Please send the documents in .pdf format and mention ‘Social Media Specialist’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in person or online on 7-8 July 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.