As one of the world’s leading training grounds for these engineers, TU Delft views its role in society as supplying technological solutions that take us significantly further along the road towards sustainability and a flourishing economy.
About the Role
We invite applicants to join our international and interdisciplinary team of passionate and ambitious academic professionals at the Faculty of Architecture, TU Delft. One of the world's leading institutes in the field, ranked 3rd in the QS World University by Subject-Ranking. We are looking for a motivated person to strengthen our team at the Section Environmental Technology and Design (ETD), Department of Urbanism.
The candidate will complete the ETD team for the recently granted New European Bauhaus(NEB) Project NEB STAR. In NEB-STAR, 16 partners will join forces to make the transition to climate-neutral cities inclusive, beautiful and sustainable - for and with all stakeholders. As the first-generation NEB Lighthouse, Stavanger will provide experimentation, demonstration, insight and guidance on NEB principles in urban transitions in cooperation with twinning cities Prague and Utrecht and peers in Europe and the Nordics. The project will demonstrate how Territorial Transformation Plans can be operationalised with NEB principles to accelerate the journey towards climate neutrality.
The TU Team works closely together with the Municipality of Utrecht. The Dutch case aims to develop the Utrecht -Barcode, a widely appraised planning instrument, further by integrating qualitative and participatory aspects.
The section of Environmental Technology and Design (ETD) contributes to inter- and transdisciplinary, context-driven and problem/solution-focused research and education for the sake of a better environment. It involves a collaborative design and engineering approach, with social-and environmental-based methods and techniques as operative instruments, as well as the development and application of advanced urban data science and geospatial information technologies to support this primary aim. Research and education blend environmental technology, urban ecology, citizen participation and environmental behaviour at different scales. There is a strong emphasis on the interaction of these fields in terms of theories, methods and techniques, as well as their application via concepts, strategies and spatial interventions, as a significant part of ETD's research portfolio concerns applied science for and often with public and private partners..
- You are a team player. You have shown your strong design and analytical skills in the field of energy transition or with wider sustainability challenges You like working on the verge of academia and practice. You are open-minded and open to learning on the job.
- You should have knowledge and experience of GIS based spatial analysis and mapping of urban environments, and you are firm in evidence-informed design. You may have had experience in participatory processes.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English and have a good command of Dutch.
- You are open to travelling to partner cities and events.
- You are interested in developing your first academic publications and are open to participating in project-related teaching activities.
- You are available for at least 16 months starting (asap) in 2022.
What We Offer
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
This job is available for international candidates.