ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is the leading global network of over 2,500 cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future.
About the Role
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is a global network of more than 2,500 local and regional governments committed to sustainable urban development. Active in 125+ countries, we influence sustainability policy and drive local action for low-emission, nature-based, equitable, resilient, and circular development. Our Members and team of experts work together through peer exchange, partnerships, and capacity building to create systemic change for urban sustainability. The World Secretariat is based in Bonn, Germany.
To support the Circular Development team, we are offering the following position: Junior Officer, Circular Development
The successful candidate will be a part of the international ICLEI World Secretariat team based in Bonn, Germany, and will be placed within the Circular Development team
What You're Gonna Do
- Support the Circular Development team with projects related to the topic areas of Just Transition / social equity and sustainable food systems.
- Undertake necessary project-related tasks including technical research and analysis, coordination, and communication with project partners and city representatives, network set-up and maintenance, webinar organization and facilitation, development of knowledge products, and general project management tasks.
- Support the Circular Development team with the day-to-day management of the ICLEI Circulars website. This will include coordination, drafting, and dissemination of the ICLEI Circular Newsletters.
- Support the Head of Circular Development with the Global Coordination of ICLEI Circular Development Pathway.
- Support the Circular Development team with business development activities.
-1-2 years of work experience related to project coordination in the field of circular development, the Just Transition, or sustainable food systems.
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject such as Environmental Management. A relevant Masters’ degree is desirable.
- Creative and proactive attitude in teamwork.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Experience on Risk Management.
What We Offer
The position will be available as of 1 January 2023. The post reports directly to the Head: Circular Development.
- One-year contract, with the possibility of extension.
- ICLEI World Secretariat has a work-from-home policy.
- The employment contract will be based on German law including visa/work permit.
- Annual Salary: Starting at 31878,24 EUR (full time) before tax and social
insurance fees, with the final salary to be determined based on the chosen
- Working hours: 40 per week (full time), paid leave: 30 days per year (full time).
- Three-month probation period.
- Working language: English.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.