Perkins Eastman is a global architecture and design firm guided by the belief that design can have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives. With more than 1,100 employees in 24 locations around the world, we collaborate seamlessly across borders, barriers, and disciplines to connect people and ideas. Whether conceiving of new healthcare models, reviving a local landmark as a boutique hotel, or helping communities become more resilient, we are united in a dedication to progressive and inventive design that enhances the human experience. If everything is design, everything we do is HUMAN BY DESIGN.
About the Role
Pfeiffer, a Studio of Perkins Eastman, is a 40-person architecture, interior design and planning studio that practices internationally with staff in New York and Los Angeles. We work on educational and cultural projects that involve assignments of substantial variety and complexity. We are a design-oriented studio, committed to continuous learning in support of professional and personal growth. We continue to seek team oriented, skilled individuals to join our firm. If you care to make a difference, are inquisitive, energetic, and a committed professional who is seeking a growth opportunity, please apply
Pfeiffer, a Perkins Eastman Studio is currently seeking creative architects to support our continued growth. As a distinct studio within Perkins Eastman, we are a design-focused practice of architects, interior designers and planners who work nationally and internationally with an emphasis on cultural and arts facilities, libraries, and educational buildings, as well as renovation/preservation and adaptive reuse projects for public and private clients.
What You're Gonna Do
- Lead and assist in design efforts on design projects at a variety of scales (typically $15 – 75 million in construction cost), working with the Design Principal and Principal in Charge
- Demonstrate a high degree of creative thinking in the design process, and be able to effectively communicate design ideas both verbally and graphically
- Develop presentations using physical and digital tools
- Participate in charettes and develop ideas and materials for use in project marketing pursuits
- Originate and develop concepts and options for planning and feasibility studies
- Author building design concepts and proposed solutions for renovation or new construction design problems within the context of a collaborative project team
- Work directly and effectively with clients, consultants, vendors and contractors
- Participate constructively in a team-oriented environment
- Architectural degree from an accredited program
- 5-7 years of relevant architectural experience in the above listed cultural, institutional, and educational work
- Architectural licensure in place or nearly complete
- Excellent design and graphic skills, with the ability to participate in the conceptualization and design of complex projects from the pre-design through construction documents phases
- Advanced digital modeling & rendering skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage time well and achieve project deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English
- Experience working in the context of multidisciplinary project teams
- Fully proficient in Revit
- Working knowledge of BIM360 Design, AutoCad, Sketchup, Enscape 3D, Lumion, Bluebeam, Rhino, Adobe Suite, and/or other design related software is considered essential.
What We Offer
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE ONLY HIRING FOR EITHER OUR NY OR LA OFFICE ONLY!!
Type: Hybrid. 3 days in office 2 days working remotely, flexible days/working hours
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Salary Range: $74,250 - $85,130
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This job is available for international candidates.