Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic Urban Planner to join our Auckland Planning and Design Team. Primarily you will provide an Urban Planning service to a range of city shaping projects where you will focus on providing sustainable solutions to cities and complex urban and regional environments. You will have the opportunity to push the boundaries of urban planning and create new possibilities for our clients and providing support to the wider Planning and Design team. With access to a global community of experts, you will collaborate with and learn from other innovative minds.
What You're Gonna Do
- You will play a significant role within the Planning Team with an emphasis on collaboration and teamwork.
- You will be required to work with supervision in your area of responsibility, and you may be accountable for defined parts of design projects.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of own and others work.
- You will need to represent your team or area at internal meetings, and you may be responsible for organising events, activities or small internal business projects.
- You will be responsible for teaching others how to do things and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in planning or related field.
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or credit towards eligibility for membership desirable
- Minimum two years’ experience in the development and implementation of projects
- Excellent written and presentation skills, graphic, mapping and GIS capability a bonus
This job is available for international candidates.