About the Role
The Institute for Human Rights and Business (IHRB) is recruiting a Programme Manager to drive IHRB’s programme on human dignity in the built environment in Europe.
From specific buildings to wider urban areas, the programme strengthens collaboration, accountability, and practical action on human rights, particularly non-discrimination and inclusion, the right to adequate housing, physical and mental health, and construction workers’ rights, in the built environment.
If you have a deep understanding of the built environment sector (particularly investment, financing and policy), are passionate about rights-based social change, have a strong track record delivering effective collaborative projects and influencing policy, then this role is for you.
For the past year, the programme has been shaping the built environment just transitions agenda, particularly through its Building for Today and the Future project. As well as supporting the research in the European cities, a key focus of your role will be ensuring the project outputs reach investors and policy-makers, impacting their work, particularly in the lead-up to the 2024 EU elections.
You will be leading the programme’s wider work in Europe, including increasing awareness and uptake of the Dignity by Design framework, currently being piloted in Bergen and Utrecht.
For full details and to download an application pack please click the button "Apply" below.
What We Offer
- Title: Europe Programme Manager, Built Environment
- Reporting to: Head of Built Environment
- Start date: October 2023
- Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), part time (30 hours per week) or job share (18.75 hours per week)
- Location: Remote/Home-based, in Europe. Candidates must have permission to work in the country of their location and easy access to travel across Europe.
- Duration: 6 months, with 6-week probationary period. Potential to extend, subject to funding.
- Pay: £47,000-57,000 per annum pro-rata depending on experience. This post will have a contract or consultancy agreement subject to UK law. Equivalent consulting rate offered to non-UK based applicants. PAYE contracts can be offered to UK-based applicants.
**Timeline and Process**
1. Deadline for application: 19 September 2023, 9.00am UK time.
2. Interviews: Interviews will be held between 26-28 September 2023, via Zoom. Short-listed candidates will be notified and invited by email on 22 September 2023. Only successful applicants will be notified
3. Expected start date: October2023, or as soon as possible.
This job is available for international candidates.