AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
About the Role
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Architect to join our Los Angeles Architecture Studio .
While the position is primarily for East San Fernando Valley Light Rail Transit Project, AECOM has an impressive backlog of significant projects not just in the Greater Los Angeles area but also across the West Region and provides exceptional opportunity for professional growth. This position accommodates a hybrid working scenario allowing for a balance between in-office presence for collaboration sessions as well as work from home on a weekly basis.
What You're Gonna Do
- Performing basic architectural designs, studies, research, and tasks.
- Preparing specifications, reports, and related project information.
- Researching and preparing material and application studies
- Preparing presentations and design related material for project leads.
- Maintaining liaison with design team members and cross-discipline, design and engineering groups.
- Prepare, review, and coordinate drawings as required for all phases of design and construction.
- Under the direction of the Supervising Architect, may independently perform technical assignments of various complexities within approved schedules and budgets.
- May coordinate technical and administrative activities with employees in other disciplines and other departments participating on an assigned project.
- Attend client presentation and progress meetings to communicate design intent and technical details
- Assist in, prepare and coordinate architectural details with other architectural team members for consistency with project design intent and office/client standards.
- Perform project setup, drawing layout, modifications, and reviews within Revit.
- Assist in the preparation of work effort estimates of architectural services for proposals.
- Provide regular updates with project managers for schedule and budget compliance for architectural services.
- Assist in the coordination of projects with multidiscipline teams of architects, engineers, and consultants for public and private clients.
- Mentor junior architects and designers, and be responsible for determining technical objectives of project assignments in conjunction with project management and design principles.
- Develop solutions to complex technical problems
- Review construction documents for compliance with client/project and code requirements.
- Perform code analysis and meet with building officials to review design strategies for Building Code and Zoning conformance
- Prepare program analysis, life safety code analysis, concept designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic design, design development, construction drawings, and project specifications.
AECOM’s Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture. With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable, and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions. Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc., and many Fortune 500 companies.
- BA/BS in Architecture or equivalent degree plus four (4) years of relevant experience with complex buildings (transit, commercial, institutional, etc.) or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Licensed as a registered Architect.
- Master's degree in Architecture
- Project production experience leading projects from design through construction documents.
- Advanced Technical Skills: Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Suite, Bluebeam
- Good understanding of building codes
- NCARB accreditation
- Construction administration experience
- Advanced Rendering/Modelling experience (Sketchup, Rhino, etc.)
- MasterSpec experience
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Exhibits leadership traits and has experience leading a design team with successful outcomes
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks on a daily basis
- Work efficiently and effectively within a team environment
- Reside within Los Angeles metro region area to allow direct contact with local design team members, consultants, and clients and be available to perform onsite meetings, surveys, and construction administration
What We Offer
- Offered rate of compensation (California locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $71,000 - $129,000.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.