We deliver impactful global solutions to create a more connected, sustainable world — from intelligence to infrastructure, cybersecurity to space exploration. Our 52,000 employees across 50 countries work every day, challenging the expectations of today to reinvent the way we’ll all live tomorrow.
About the Role
We are looking for inclusive design practitioners to join our dynamic, innovative, talented team based in London Bridge, who do inclusive design differently.
We adopt a unique approach to inclusive design which combines technical, engineering and social understanding to create welcoming spaces that promote participation and work seamlessly taking into account age, gender, gender identity, disability, faith and cultural background.
We work on prestigious global projects, which span a range of sectors and industries, from the biggest building projects in the world, down to the detailed design of key components, providing expert advice on making built and transport environments work for end users.
If you answer yes to the following questions or are keen to work towards answering yes to them- please apply or get in touch for a chat!
- have a core belief in an inclusive design approach, the creation of a barrier free environment and making places work for people?
- have a desire to change the landscape relating to inclusive design?
- adopt a data driven and technical approach, whilst questioning and challenging?
- push boundaries, drive innovation and design for change?
- enjoy challenging the accepted in terms of the wider approach to inclusive design?
Do you have the following knowledge and experience:
- knowledge of national and/or international legislation, guidance, codes and standards relating to inclusive design?
- experience of working in the built environment and/or engineering industry?
- an in-depth knowledge of the requirements of people with different protected characteristics for whom the built environment could potentially impact, and of the reasoning behind technical requirements?
- an awareness of wider industry trends in terms of inclusive design?
Can you evidence that you have the following skills:
- good/ excellent technical, written communication and presentation skills?
- NRAC Consultant status (or working towards NRAC accreditation) preferably with an additional technical specialism/ professional accreditation?
- ability to develop and apply research and data driven methodologies and processes, and identify and apply relevant data sources and technical information?
- the ability to provide relevant and tailored advice on inclusive design across all stages of a project lifecycle in a multi-disciplinary environment?
- effective application of seamless, innovative and integrated solutions to complex and/or futuristic environments?
This job is available for international candidates.