Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 450,000 people serving clients in over 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
About the Role
The Global Cities and Infrastructure Industry team is a dedicated practice in Accenture’s Health and Public Service business. We are a global team of specialized practitioners, based out of the UK, responsible for bringing the very best of Accenture to our clients around the world. Our existing footprint covers over 80 cities globally and our infrastructure platform manages billions in capital assets.
We work collaboratively with local market teams and our external ecosystem to originate, grow and diversify the overall portfolio of Accenture’s work with city and infrastructure clients. Our portfolio spans cities large and small and encapsulates state and national infrastructure clients, with a focus on public transportation and urban mobility clients - where we see considerable growth.
As the Consulting lead, you will work closely with local market teams to guide and drive local GTM strategies, support individual bids and deliver strategic projects. You will be accountable for cities and infrastructure consulting sales globally and for around 40% of your time you will provide expertise in client delivery. The team have internally allocated funding which you will manage to invest in repeatable assets and capability development. You will be an externally facing thought leader – a social ambassador and present on the conference circuit, articulating Accenture’s differentiated point of view. You will help build a market differentiating ecosystem that enriches our solutions to clients.
What You're Gonna Do
- Growth: Responsible for Accenture’s Cities and Infrastructure Consulting portfolio globally by setting the strategy and direction for growth. This includes accountability for sales and revenue targets that you will report monthly to Public Service leadership.
- Offering development: Working with the global offering team to advance the “Cities and Infrastructure” offering. You will work with internal experts to test and iterate the offerings and link them with relevant capabilities and experiences. This includes overseeing the development of proofs of concept / innovative solutions and supporting sales collateral.
- Develop Local Go to Market Strategies: Working with our client account teams, partner ecosystem, industry teams and global offering teams to define the go to market strategy for priority regions. Staying ahead of the competition and at top of the industry and technology innovation.
- Ecosystem: Working with external third parties (public, private, academic and third sector) to assess partnership opportunities and manage partner relations.
- Market Maker: Identifying and engaging industry events/conferences for marketing opportunities. Creating point of views and developing original research.
- A track record demonstrating a solid understanding of the Cities and/or Infrastructure sectors including insights into key methodologies, approaches and market trends.
- Successful delivery of client projects which address complex challenges and deliver detailed solutions.
- Sales and origination experience, bringing an ability to understand how our offerings and services provide value.
- Demonstrable interest in the use of digital and technology solutions within the Cities and/or Infrastructure context.
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, by synthesising large amounts of information.
- Strong communication skills with good understanding of how to navigate in different cultural settings and adjusting for social styles/audiences.
- An ability to inspire teams to deliver to a high standard in a suitable timeframe.
- Experience understanding team strengths, and the ability to coach and develop providing opportunities for others to grow.
- Financial accountability for a sales and revenue portfolio.
- Experience of delivering client work on a global basis.
- Additional language skills.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking methodologies.
What We Offer
Travel: up to 100% (variable)
Closing Date: 31/11/19
This job is available for international candidates.