AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
About the Role
AECOM has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Consultant in our International Development team in Central London. We are motivated by making the world a better place. Becoming part of our global team, you will be part of growing our business with a new set of clients. You will support the team in developing a pipeline of new business opportunities and the preparing winning proposals, and delivering our portfolio of projects. AECOM seeks a passionate, energetic, detail-oriented person who can take on and lead tasks related to new business research, proposal management and communication.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about delivering results in developing economies, and interested in urban development, energy and water, trade and/or economic development. The role would ideally suit someone who is a recent graduate who has gained some international development experience (approximately two years’ experience) and who is willing to learn and develop, taking on more responsibility as the team matures.
What You're Gonna Do
- Conduct desk-based (or in-country research) to shape competitor and SWOT analysis, learn more about clients’ priorities and state of the sector in a specific country or region in Africa or Asia.
- Research and keep abreast of DFID and other donors’ activities together with their programming and policy changes.
- Search for opportunities where AECOM can brand and position itself in the market.
- Assist the team in responding to concrete business opportunities by establishing the value proposition of AECOM and teaming, staffing and technical requirements and draft client responses.
- Support and develop communication with colleagues in other departments and build a broad knowledge of the specialist skills within AECOM.
- Attend relevant conferences to build networks and sectoral understanding.
- Plan and schedule meetings for the rest of the team.
- Establish and maintain appropriate databases and systems in order to store information for easy access and future use.
- Support the set-up and implementation of robust operational and programme management systems for live projects.
- Work with Senior Consultants to support and lead on partner relations and AECOM office relations.
- A degree in International Relations, International Development, Economics, or equivalent, with a 21 classification or above (or equivalent)
- A Masters degree in any of the above would be an advantage
- A highly motivated individual with a passion for international development.
- Ability to demonstrate a genuine interest in economic and private sector development, with an appreciation for infrastructure and urban development, energy, water, climate change, and/or trade and investment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise an increasing workload.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and exhibit innovative thinking.
- Ability to thrive in a pressured and varied work environment.
- Superb attention to detail
- Outstanding written English, and excellent communication skills. Fluency in other languages (e.g. French, Spanish and Portuguese) is an asset. Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to build effective credible professional relationships and networks, and to manage stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.