The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is one of Europe’s top universities. It is committed to excellence in research and teaching, interdisciplinary education and the active promotion of promising young scientists. TUM regularly ranks among the best European universities in international rankings.
About the Role
The Professorship for Urban Design of TU Munich is hiring Research Associates interested in launching a new curriculum, international research projects and activities with a broad societal impact in the course of the reappointment of the professorship.
In view of the current, fundamental challenges, our research will focus on the question how the urban developments of the past decades and the societal advancements connected to them can be transformed into new paradigms that lead to a significantly reduced consumption of resources.
To conceive and promote these new paradigms, we will actively engage in dialogue with society as the "Laboratory for the Everyday City". We will also teach, in the tradition of Theodor Fischer (1852-1938) and his successors on the chair, urban design as a spatial craft strongly connected to architecture.
In the initial phase, we will focus on four themes: The conversion of everyday post-war districts in Europe, the negotiation processes around urban infrastructures (especially airports), pioneers of sustainable urban lifestyles (with a focus on cooperatives), and as a connecting theme the conditions of architecture and urban design.
What You're Gonna Do
- Teaching in design studios, lectures and seminars in German and/or English language
- Research in one of the focus areas, obtaining external funding
- Active and autonomous contribution to the development of the professorship
- University degree in urban design, architecture, or the humanities, with an evident focus on architecture and urban design
- Experience with research, publication and/or practical experience in urban design
- Intention to pursue a PhD, or completed PhD
- We offer a varied activity in an international, renowned and top-ranking university. You will be working on a variety of tasks in a dynamic, team-oriented and international working environment.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.