UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, helping a range of partners implement $1 billion worth of aid and development projects every year. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
About the Role
Cities Alliance is implementing its 2018-2021 Strategic Plan, with a recalibrated business model combining a Global window for normative work and a Country/City window for operations across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the MENA region.
Cities Alliance is seeking highly motivated and dynamic Programme Analysts to work with senior and experienced professionals on any, or a combination, of the following programmatic areas (list non-exhaustive, more information available at www.citiesalliance.org):
- Inclusive and sustainable urban development, urban legal and land policies framework, urban governance and planning, urban services and infrastructure, citizenship and social inclusion, urban economy and environment;
- Cities in the Global Agenda
- Equitable Economic Growth in a System of Cities
- Resiliance and Climate Change in Cities
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Migration and Cities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Task/Programme Manager, the Programme Analyst will perform a broad range of research, analytical and operational support functions to strengthen the operational capacity of Cities Alliance to deliver high quality activities and outputs that contribute to the impact and coherence of urban development. The Programme Analyst will contribute to effective and efficient team work and team results that are delivered on time, within budget and to high quality standards. The Programme Analyst will be responsible for the delivery of assigned work packages by the Task/Programme Manager and is expected to travel as required.
What You're Gonna Do
- Conduct research and analysis according to thematic, programmatic and sectoral priorities to support programme development and implementation and business development.
- Contribute to preparation and appraisal of project proposals, project concept notes, project appraisal documents, grant proposal and budgets.
- Liaise with grantees as part of monitoring grant funded projects/programmes.
- Support the Programme Manager in the overall monitoring and evaluation system of the programme in line with the Cities Alliance Results Framework and donor requirements.
- Contribute to, and participate in, missions in the field and to international events. Support mission preparation, draft mission report and other related documents. Provide support with events and conference organisation and preparation materials.
- Draft analytical notes and good practice briefs, and communication materials related to projects/programmes.
- Support the team’s efforts with the implementation of communication and dissemination strategies.
- Assist the Task/Programme Manager with the preparation and analysis of documentation required for the procurement of firms and recruitment of individual consultants.
- Update project information and documentation in Cities Alliance information management systems, ensuring all records are accurate and complete.
- Provide technical support to Task/Programme Managers with the preparation of programme reports for members and donors and internal project management reporting (weekly/month/quarterly).
- Support the Programme Manager in the gathering, monitoring and assurance of relevant project management information.
- Contribute to the Secretariat’s corporate priorities as required.
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in Urban Studies, Economics, Development Studies, Social and Political Science or related fields required. A first level university degree with relevant experience related to the responsibilities of the position may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in international development is required.
- Previous experience in developing countries and/or prior work experience with UN Agencies or other international development institutions would be an asset.
-Excellent analytical and drafting skills.
- Capacity to plan and deliver a high volume of work with accuracy and according to strict service delivery standards for quality and timeliness.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment balancing multiple tasks and working for one more Task Managers.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and to work autonomously or part of a team.
Proficiency in using MS Office Suite.
What We Offer
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: International Specialist Level 1
Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.