Public Practice is a social enterprise that aims to help built environment practitioners transition and flourish in public sector placemaking careers. We believe that:
- the built environment is where the symptoms and solutions to society’s most complex challenges are played out.
- the public sector is where an impactful change to the built environment can truly be made.
- an interdisciplinary placemaking approach, with a diversity of thought, experience and skills required to deliver that change.
You can read examples of our press coverage on our [website](https://www.publicpractice.org.uk/press)
About the Role
We believe that working in local government is the place to be if you want to use your built environment skills to influence every aspect of our everyday environment and to work for society as a whole, not just those who can afford it. Public Practice recruits a diverse range of experienced built environment practitioners who are interested in working in the public sector.
HOW IT WORKS
After a multi-stage selection process, Associates are matched to a placement working in a local authority, with a salary of £30,000 – £70,000 depending on the Authority and role. 90% of your time is spent working for the host Authority, with the remaining 10% dedicated to attending the Public Practice R&D Programme. This programme is designed to help support Associates transition into their new roles within local government as well as co-produce resources to help share and develop good practice within the industry.
WHO CAN BE AN ASSOCIATE
We accept applications from candidates with a wide range of skills and experience across the built environment, including: planning, landscape architecture, surveying, development, architecture, community engagement, urban design, masterplanning and project management. Associates will be expected to have a minimum of three years’ experience in practice.
WHY JOIN THE PROGRAMME
You may be looking for: a new career challenge, an alternative route into the public sector, a temporary secondment to experience working in the built environment from a different perspective, a return to work after a career break, or to give something back towards the end of your career.
APPLY TO BECOME AN ASSOCIATE
We are currently recruiting for candidates to join our Autumn 2020 cohort, starting December 2020. Applications close midday, Monday 20 July 2020.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The first stage of the application process is completing an online form by the 20 July 2020. Those successful at the online stage will be taken through to stage two of the application process, online placement workshops that will be held on the 1 to the 4 September 2020.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.