WRI's mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
About the Role
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
WRI India, an organization that focuses on sustainable development through our work with the government, the private sector and with innovators, is uniquely positioned to enable the application of technological innovation for more sustainable development pathways.
As part of our developing work in innovation and sustainability, we are looking for a project consultant to support an impact assessment initiative of a mobility/transport startup.
What You're Gonna Do
Consultant responsibilities will include:
- Conduct project research and put together concise framing reports
- Create impact assessment framework and survey questionnaires
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including advisors, experts and service vendors
- Coordinate and manage survey deployment with quality control processes in place
- Conduct quantitative and/or qualitative analysis of the collected survey data
- Draft final project report as per requirements.
Consultant should have the following qualifications:
- Background in economics, engineering, other relevant disciplines from a recognized institute; an MBA is preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in the startup ecosystem, preferably within VC or impact investment firms; impact management experience will be an added bonus.
- Excellent research and communication skills in English
- Independent, motivated, detail-oriented and organized thinker
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks and shoulder responsibility with strong work ethics
- Fluent knowledge of Kannada is essential for this position
What We Offer
The position is for a period of eight months starting 1st October 2020, with the possibility of an extension as per project requirements. Compensation will be commensurate with candidate’s profile and experience.
Duration: 8 Months
Remuneration: 60,000 to 80,000 INR
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.