About the Programme
School of Sustainability (SOS) is a post graduate practice academy by Mario Cucinella based in Bologna, Italy, focused on training emerging professionals in the field of sustainability. Sos is a professional school aimed at recent graduates to build experience in a setting that integrates education research and practice.
SOS is a creative laboratory born in close collaboration with Mario Cucinella Architects (MCA), where training is inspired by the active projects and expertise in a professional practice setting.
SOS launches an open call for a comprehensive 10 months program with a practice based approach in the professional context of MC Architects, supported by industry site visits, project study trips, client and community meetings. Programme of the course:
Part 1 – Three Foundation Courses (3 months):
- Environmental Design: the Culture of Sustainability through dialogue with different personalities, but who share a vision of the future;
- Common Ground: apply an understanding of the principles, strategies and analytic techniques of environmental design to real world design problems;
- Leading Practices: to provide the ability and potential for design professionals “to lead in the professional, in practice and in projects.
Part 2 (2 months):
- Case studies;
- Project research.
Part 3 (5 months) – Three Project Tracks:
- Post Carbon Architecture;
- Architecture as a Social Business;
- The Right to Quality Shelter.
Professional Bachelor or Master degree in architecture, engineering, design and others.
- One to five years of experience preferred but not required;
- English B2 Level(CEFR), Or Upper Intermediate Spoken / Written validations through official certificates.
Varies according to the country of origin
SOS - School of Sustainability - based in Bologna, Italy, is a post graduate practice academy by Mario Cucinella focused on training emerging professionals in the field of sustainability.
A scholarship is available, click "Register" to find out more.