About the Programme
Co-designed by Humankind and the Urban Cycling Institute, Designing the Cycling City – The Masterclass is a crash course in bicycle urbanism. Through a combination of presentations, lectures by well-known practitioners and researchers, cycling tours and practical sessions, this Masterclass takes the participants through a deep dive into the Dutch approach to cycling urbanism – arguably one of the most successful in the world.
Three days, three cities, three modules
Before tackling the “when’s” and “where’s”, we will look into the “why’s” and “how’s” of bicycle urbanism. The content will be organised in three main modules, each of them having a different Dutch city as a backdrop.
Urbanism or design professionals, and students with any degree of knowledge in mobility infrastructure and planning. These include, but are not limited to:
- Municipal, Regional or State-level civil servants and policy-makers
- Professionals in the urban development or infrastructure fields
- Urbanists and Urban Planners
- Designers, Architects, Engineers
- Transportation officials or operators
- Second cycle students of any field with an interest in urban mobility
We provide cities, organizations and change makers with human-powered data and insights to make sense of the present, creative tools to start shaping the future today, and share our knowledge so anyone can be a city maker.