As a multi-disciplinary consultancy, we offer a diversity of bicycle urbanism-related services. Our team is trained in planning, design and coaching strategies to support client cities, governments and organisations as they seek to become more bicycle-friendly.
About the Role
You are passionate, enthusiastic and constantly seeking new inspiration. You have an interest in urbanism, anthropology and society simply because you can't help yourself. You don't see problems, you see solutions. You don't have to love bicycles (it helps a bit, though) but you believe in the role of the bicycle as a tool towards building life-sized cities.
You can switch between working independently and as a part of the team. You are either a student of (or seeking to be) urban planning, architecture and design, or anthropology, marketing and communications. We're also keen to hear from graphic design students. Keep in mind that you must have completed at least the first two years of your education.
You have a good understanding of the dynamics of social media and what they mean to a brand and business strategy. You speak and write English fluently – it's the working language at Copenhagenize – and you are especially comfortable writing in English.
What You're Gonna Do
As a Copenhagenize intern, you will not be wasting your time brewing coffee or making photocopies. We expect you to take an active part in the challenges we solve with our clients – both intellectually and socially.
- Priority is given to individuals who already know the company. Discovering the company through a "design + Copenhagen + urban planning" google search and firing off an email is not considered knowing the company.
- You are fluent in English.
- You can commit to between 4 to 6 months.
- You are adept at using the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop.
- You have data skillz with GIS or other spatial software.
- You have a background in - or are currently studying - urban planning, architecture, geography, anthropology, graphic design, design, marketing or communications. If you are coming at this from another angle, let us know how it fits in.
- If you're studying while seeking an internship, you need to commit at least 24 hours a week.
- And importantly... You are fun to drink with.
What We Offer
Every year, Copenhagenize Design Co. welcomes a team of passionate interns from around the world. We've had the pleasure of working with over 75 interns since 2009. Being a small social enterprise, we offer internships with a stipend and loads of experience in a company that prides itself on being never normal.
We receive hundreds of applications and are consistently thrilled that so many people from around the world want to help bring the bicycle back to our cities. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all submissions, so please don't take it personally. The selection process is tough, to be honest.
Unfortunately, it seems like this job is not available for international candidates. Unless you’re eligible for a work visa otherwise, please double-check with the company.